David goggings is no doubt regarded as the toughest man in the world. His motto is pushing the limit. Despite having some health problems,Goggins has completed over 60 ultra-marathons, triathlons, and ultra-triathlons all the while setting new course records. An accomplished endurance athlete, He once held the Guinness World Record for pull-ups completing 4,030 in 17 hours!
- “We are all great. No matter if you think you’re dumb, fat, been bullied, we all have greatness. You gotta find the courage. It’s going to be hard work, discipline, and the non-cognitive skills – hard work, dedication, sacrifice – that will set you apart.”
One of the things we take for granted in life is our ability. We are so used to comparing ourselves with others that sometimes beating the seemingly ‘successful’ ‘neighbours has become the bar. Greatness in you is realised when you are driven by passion projects that you come through for, no matter what gets thrown your way.
- “Motivation is nothing. Motivation comes and goes. When you’re driven, whatever is in front of you will get destroyed.”
You don’t have to buy audio mantras and attend Tony Robbins seminars to catapult you into auction. Motivation is a lie, it’s very temporary and that is why most people quit. Having drive, a concrete important reason for doing what you’re setting to do is the only thing that will keep you going when the tough time strike.
- “Be true to whoever or whatever you are and wear it like a badge of honour. Fit in with one person and one person only: yourself.
I find that the greatest holdback to our actions is society expectations of us. We’ve become so conditioned by the way people live around us that we feel guilty when we desire something different. Undoubtedly, our environment plays a huge role in who we are.
- Life isn’t always about doing the things we like to do. It’s about doing things we have to do
Imagine a life where we all did what we wanted to do. Who would do the taxes? Everyone who has found success in their life will tell you that there were hard times. It’s human nature to always feel comfortable. Change is uncomfortable, our minds are designed to keep us safe thus super resistant to change. The moment we power through that ,get out of our comfort zones and do what needs to be done, life changes for the better. The mind registers a new reality and this creates the feeling of success, hence happiness.
- “A lot of us don’t know about another world that exists for us because it’s on the other side of suffering. That’s the real growth in life.”
It’s a cliche, but…no Pain, no Gain! You have to start your journey,it will be hard, but this is the only path to achieving anything worthy in this life
- “The most important conversations you’ll ever have are the ones you’ll have with yourself. You wake up with them, you walk around with them, you go to bed with them, and eventually you act on them. Whether they be good or bad. We are all our own worst haters and doubters because self doubt is a natural reaction to any bold attempt to change your life for the better. You can’t stop it from blooming in your brain, but you can neutralise it, and all the other external chatter by asking, What if?”